DESIGN: LOOK TO NATURE FOR "COLOR INSPIRATION"
Having difficulty choosing colors for your home? Look to nature and ask yourself some questions, such as:
- What colors are calling to you?
- What color combinations do you like? Variegated or solid colors?
- How do you know what colors go together; such as the "greens"? Take a look at the trees. Leaves turn to different colors throughout the season. Which colors catch your eye?
- What is it about your yard, for example, that makes you feel comfortable? Softer pallets or bold colors?
- Is there a texture in the outdoors that is interesting and you would like to take inside? Rocks? Brick? Wood?
- Do you like the whispiness of decorative grasses or the texture of the bark of a cottonwood?
- While walking on the beach look to the rocks and driftwood for inspiration.
Choosing colors could be easier than you think if you make an outing of it. The answer you have been looking for may be directly out your window.